Voting Ambassador Program
(ACLU-PA & Common Cause-PA)
There have been many changes to the voting process in Pennsylvania, most notably the ability to vote by mail without an excuse. There are also many uncertainties right now because of ongoing litigation and potential legislative changes that can alter rules around dropboxes and mail-in envelopes and change deadlines and polling locations. Some counties are also looking to create new satellite elections offices where voters can cast their ballots before Election Day, and there are ongoing issues with the post office.
With so many unknowns, we are looking for volunteers to become voting ambassadors to inform voters in their networks about the latest information regarding the 2020 election.
Volunteers will be required to attend a training webinar about various processes around the election, including vote-by-mail. Training materials will include a list of FAQs and other voting materials that will guide ambassadors when talking to voters.
- Encourage voters interested in voting by mail to apply as soon as possible and help them if they encounter any issues.
- Remind voters to return their ballots and explain options for returning them.
- Double-check that voter registrations are up-to-date and valid.
- Assist in-person voters in making a plan to vote — look up their polling place, arrange transportation if needed, plan for PPE and other safety precautions.
- Repost/post links to voter education resources from ACLU-PA, Common Cause PA, and the National Election Protection coalition on social media.
- Identify, report, and respond to misinformation and disinformation on social media.
- Advertise the 866-OUR-VOTE nonpartisan election protection hotline.
- Distribute critical voting updates to your network.
- Escalate bigger issues to ACLU-PA & Common Cause-PA staff.
If you are interested in joining this program, please sign up today.
I want to be a Voting Ambassador!
Training will happen on a rolling basis.
If you are interested in learning more about the voting ambassador program before signing up, please send an email to email@example.com, and include the phrase “voting ambassador” in the subject line.
Election Protection Volunteer (Election Day)
As part of our Election Protection program, we are looking for volunteers to monitor polling places on Election Day. Common Cause is running the field program. You do not have to be a lawyer to volunteer! You will be trained, provided PPE, and assigned to a small number of polling places in your desired location. You will report any issues to the 866-OUR-VOTE hotline and assist voters with questions or concerns.
We also need people to monitor social media for problems on Election Day!
Sign up to be an Election Protection Volunteer on Election Day.
I want to be an Election Protection Volunteer!